For an ancient figure, we have quite a range of source material available for Peter the Apostle. These include:
- His speech on the Day of Pentecost
- His speech before the Sanhedrin
- 1 Peter
- Most of 2 Peter
- References to Peter is the Gospels.
- The first half of Acts is built around Peter’s activities.
- References to Peter in Paul’s letters.
From 1 Peter, we can deduce that he was the leader of a missionary push into central and northern Anatolia.Â (There is no valid reason to object to the conclusion that his speeches in Acts were written down by eye (and ear) witnesses to the actual events, with these accounts being taken over by Luke.)
Peter is a man from whom all Christians can learn, as one who reflected the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.